If you have run into debts and are searching for suitable debt solutions, then you need to start saving money first.
In order to achieve this, one of the best ways is to adopt energy efficiency. A lot of money goes every month on utility and electricity bills. If you take measures to be energy efficient, then you can save a lot of money that can go toward paying off your debts. Some of these energy efficiency measures are listed below.
1. Combining utility services - You should approach companies that offer to combine your cable, Internet and telephone services. These services when combined together will not only cost less but having a single bill for all three of them will be convenient.
2. Use public transport - Try to use public transport or car pools when going for work instead of driving your own car. In this way you can save money on gas, parking lot charge and wear and tear on your car. Also this would help in decreasing the stress on environment.
3. Buy energy efficient appliances – When you buy an energy appliance, look for the Energy Star rating and how much energy the appliance is going to consume annually. More energy efficient appliances cost more, but they make it up throughout their lifetime by saving the cost on energy consumption.
4. Use CFL bulbs – Start using compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. These use 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs and have a lifetime that is 10 times longer. These cannot be used in every light fixture but try using them wherever you can.
5. Choose your supplier well – Cost of electricity varies from supplier to supplier; hence you should use online comparison site to check which supplier is cheapest in your area.
6. Use full loads in dishwashers and washing machines – When using dishwasher and washing machines, fill them up as much as possible before you switch them on. Using full load in both washing machine and dishwasher will help you save electricity and water.
7. Consider using solar panels - Although the initial cost of getting solar panels fitted can be high, they can save a lot of money in the long run. These solar panels will produce their own solar energy that you can use instead of electricity from the grid. You can also get solar to only heat water instead of the whole house as the cost of installing that is cheaper. You will anyway be able to save a considerable amount of money on water heating costs.
Along with following these you should take care to switch off all your electrical appliances like computer, television, DVD players and entertainment system when not in use. This not only reduces your electricity bills and provide debt solutions but also helps you in saving energy.
Marlon Powell is a web marketing analyst. This is his first guest SJVCEO post.